Europe’s diversified & sustainable solution to lithium refining.
Tees Valley Lithium Ltd (TVL) is establishing Europe’s largest low-carbon merchant lithium refinery at the Wilton International Chemicals Park in Teesside, UK.
TVL will producing up to 96,000 tpa of battery grade lithium hydroxide (or carbonate equivalent) across 4 trains, equivalent to 15% of European demand.
TVL’s key unique benefits are:
- Located in the Wilton International Chemicals Park with plug & play facilities and direct access to the Teesside Freeport, neighbouring European CAM customers.
- Utilising the standard and proven causticisation processing route for Train 1. Trains 2, 3 and 4 will revolutionise lithium production with a low-carbon electrochemical process route.
- Powered by 100% certified green energy and access to offshore wind.
- All by-products will be on-sold to neighbouring businesses, aiming to create a zero-waste facility.
- Class 4 Feasibility Study completed by Wave International in April 2022.
- Full planning permission secured in November 2022, including completion of Environmental Impact Assessment.
- TVL will generate over 1,000 jobs for the local area.